Standard Conveyor Chain
Conveyor chain, like transmission roller chain, can be manufactured to a number of different international standards. The main standards available are:
British Standard (BS)
This standard covers chain manufactured to suit the British market and markets where a strong British presence has dominated engineering design and purchasing. The standard is based on the original Renold Conveyor Chain design.
ISO Standard Chain
Chain manufactured to ISO Standard is not interchangeable with BS or DIN Standard Chain. This standard has a wide acceptance in the European market, except in Germany. Chain manufactured to this standard is becoming more popular and are used extensively in the Scandinavian region.
Renold has extensive experience in the manufacture of conveyor chain. The Renold specification of conveyor chain has taken many years in design and development to achieve the optimum product.
In order to ensure this is translated into product performance, we strictly control:
- Heat Treatment
- Attachment Assembly
Renold Ultimate Reliability
- The key to Renold chain reliability is consistency in design and manufacture.
- Maximum chain strength and resistance to wear are achieved by strict control of the material specification and by using state of the art heat treatment processes.
- The consistent overall tolerances of Renold chain make it ideal for conveying systems requiring precise alignment on multi-strand chain layouts.
- Breaking loads exceed the minimum international standards.
- Correct chain selection is essential for optimum performance. Renold’s experienced design team are always available to freely advise on particular products and applications.
Standard and Deep Link conveyor chain is available to BS4116 Part 4 as well as ISO 1977, with both Hollow and Solid Bearing Pins.
Extra Strength Standard Conveyor Chain
To complement our standard range of British Standard Conveyor Chain, this extra strength chain is more suitable for conveyor applications selected on ultimate tensile strength (breaking load). Each chain is the same dimensionally as its normal counterpart, for example an extra strength 24000 lbs chain has basically the same dimensions as a normal 12000 lbs series chain. This chain is used extensively in the conveying of animal feed and bulk food stuffs such as grain, maize, wheat and raw food mixtures.
Most of these applications use scraper type conveyor systems that normally have long centre distances between sprockets. Such systems are sometimes slow moving with little or no shock loading. Contact our technical sales staff for selection and applicational details.